Wow! Thanks to Betty at Bookish Regards for the very kind nomination. This is my first blogging award and I was most surprised when I got home from work and found out about it.
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Why did I start this blog?
I’ve always loved craft and really wanted to share that. I’d not been much of a writer for years-the extent of most of my typing was lesson plans with the odd thank you note thrown in! As I was preparing to leave my job, my work colleagues joked about me publishing a book of my ‘nutty ideas’-every time I announced in the staffroom “I’ve had an idea…” there were rolled eyes and much hilarity, but many of my ideas were brought to life thanks to their support (and their ability to produce absolutely anything from the shed whenever we needed it). Of course, writing a book is very much a pipe dream but it did get me thinking and a couple of months later I started this blog.
Tips for new bloggers?
- Be yourself. Don’t try to copy other bloggers-you being you is what people want to read about! That is why they will keep following your blog.
- Blogging is a two-way process, make sure you read and comment on other people’s blogs as well as producing your own content. It’s a great way to get to know other people and it can help you to gain followers (if that is what you’re aiming for).
All of these awesome blogs!
- Creative Em
- Little Secret Garden
- Paper Glitz
- Mending Making Crafting
- Barbara Ann Paper Arts
- Paper Fluff
- Coggies and Cuddies
- Emma’s Craft Projects
- A Therapeutic Art Journey
- Duck and Cover
- A Tangled Yarn
- Craft Odyssey
- My Trailing Hobbies
- Wild Daffodil
- Katy Trail Creations
- Life With Whimsy
Sorry if you’ve already been nominated, and if you don’t want to join in then I won’t be offended!
Thanks for reading and keeping up with my crafting adventures so far!