I can hardly believe I’m writing this but the lovely Bessie at Shells and Bobbles Crochet has nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award. I’m so honoured that a fellow blogger would think my blog exciting enough to have an award, especially since this is the second award I’ve received in less than two weeks. I was at work, and just checked my phone before the end of lunchtime whistle went when I saw the notification. It certainly made my afternoon mood much lighter in spite of the thunderstorm which was raging above us. Even paddling to my car afterwards (literally, it was in 6 inches of water) and wrecking a perfectly good pair of shoes didn’t make me feel grumpy. It was also especially welcome as things have seemed a little quiet on my blog lately in terms of visitors (not that that is the only reason I blog but talking to yourself is generally considered to be a sign of madness!)
The kids have (finally) been put to bed and I’ve settled on the sofa with a mug of hot chocolate with a shot of double chocolate Baileys in (yes, it is as nice as it sounds and no there isn’t such a thing as too much chocolate) to find people to nominate and think of 5 facts about me that anyone would actually find interesting.
I will start with some facts about me.
- I have almost always been a crafter, my whole family have always made ‘stuff’ and I have just grown up around it. My Nanny taught me to knit in a caravan in Hunstanton at the age of about 6 and I’ve not stopped since.
- I am ridiculously clumsy. This does not mix well with craft but somehow I have managed to get by so far. I am, however, always covered in bruises. I can never explain where any of them cam from either!
- Before I became a teacher, I worked on the pizza counter in ASDA. I was pretty awesome at making pizzas and really enjoyed that job even though it was not creative. (My suggestion of arranging toppings into love heart shapes for Valentine’s Day and so on never took off!)
- It took me three attempts to pass my driving test. That is probably down to my clumsiness! I consider myself to be a fairly safe driver now though (thank goodness, since I drive quite a long way to work each day).
- Although I enjoy art and craft, at High School when we chose our GCSE options I was categorically told ‘no’ to taking any arty subjects. I was almost banned from GCSE DT after 3 weeks as I broke so many woodworking tools! (I completed the course in the end.)
Now for nominations (this is quite hard as I love to read so many blogs but they have almost all been nominated already).
- Lisa’s Craft Journey
- Sunshine and Celandines
- Healing Handcrafting
- Paper Fluff
- My Trailing Hobbies
- The Joyful Soul Creates
- Crafty Odyssey
- Susans Snippets
- Coastal Crochet
- Bonny Knits
- Ruthie’s Crafting Corner
- The Twisted Yarn
- Rabbit Patch Diary
- Coggies and Cuddies
Here are the rules for the bloggers I’ve nominated. I hope you all enjoy taking part, in whatever capacity you’d like to.
- Nominate 15 – 20 bloggers and add their links. (I broke this rule a bit, but never mind! WordPress was playing up and I couldn’t add number 15.)
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share five facts about yourself.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
Thanks again to Bessie for the nomination, and thanks to everyone that follows and reads about my adventures.