I’m not sure if June is blogging award season and it’s just gone over my head but I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Betty at Bookish Regards. It was another lovely surprise, thank you very much Betty!
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
These are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
Questions Betty asked:
- When did you start your blog? In February of this year, though it’s been a blog in my head for much longer!
- What is the post on your blog that you’re most proud of writing? Probably this one, because it has been really popular and a fellow blogger even shared it in a Facebook crochet group. I got a real shock when I saw a link to my blog on my news feed! I think it sums up the life cycle of a lot of craft projects too, and it was one of those posts that was brewing for a while before it finally got typed up.
- Do you have any pets? Not really, although we do have 4 chickens. I don’t consider them as pets because they aren’t cuddly or loving and they spend a lot of their time trying to peck us. (I have been known to talk to them though!) I suspect my children would say they were pets as they like to give them leftover food and they often go out to see them.
- Do you enjoy doing crafts or DIY projects? What kind? Haha, I love all craft and I’m always looking out for new projects, ideas and techniques. I’m very into crochet at the moment, though I also make quite a lot of cards.
- Who is your favorite music artist/band to listen to? I’m not really a massive music fan, but there’s something quite uplifting about a power ballad played at full volume.
- What is the household chore you HATE the most? This was the easiest question to answer. I hate folding washing, so much so that I’m convinced a tiny part of my soul is destroyed every time I have to do it. My mum was telling fibs when she told me there were housework fairies.
- If you could go back in time ten years and give yourself some advice, what would you say to your ten-years-younger self? I’d have told myself two things. The first would have been not to buy a house, simply because we bought one that was too small. The second would be trust in yourself and know when to make decisions, you can be in control and life is too short to stay in a situation that makes you unhappy.
- What’s your favorite quote from a book, movie, or tv show? “So it begins” from Lord of the Rings. It is my favourite ever series of films and that quote seems to sum up the kids bedtime every night in my house!
- What is your favorite time of year? This is really tricky because as the seasons change and I am out walking with the children I always think how much I love that time of year. I think it may have to be Autumn, because as a teacher (at heart!) it is a second ‘new year.’ Also I love collecting autumn things with them and talking about the seasons with them. The older I get, the more notice I seem to take of these things, and the more I appreciate them.
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? This is deep stuff! I’d probably make people more considerate of each other and the environment of this planet which we are lucky enough to live on and which we take for granted all too easily. If we all made even tiny changes we could have such a huge impact.
- If you could live in any time period in history, anywhere in the world, when and where would it be? I’d love to have a chance to visit Victorian England. I live in a part of the world where there are so many beautiful homes from that time (and times before it) and I think I’d like to know what a simpler life felt like. I’d want to learn more about traditional countryside crafts and the rural way of life in general. I’m really drawn to that time period and sometimes wonder if I am a reincarnation of someone who lived back then. (I’m not sure I fully believe in that but you never know.)
I nominate these fab bloggers:
- Life with Whimsy
- Becoming a Wild Family
- Five Monkeys Menagerie
- Gladerider Crafts
- Hand knitted Yorkshire
- Isn’t She Crafty
I’ve only nominated 6 others as even though there are LOADS of blogs I would like to nominate I’m aware I’ve done this 3 times in just over a fortnight and I don’t want to put pressure on the same people each time. However, if I’ve missed you off my list and you want to join in then just copy and paste my questions and enjoy! Bloggers who I’ve nominated, I hope you are able to join in but I’ll understand if you don’t want to (or if you’ve already been nominated 500 times!)
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is your favourite film?
- What would you have as your last ever meal?
- What three things would you take to a desert island?
- What would you do on your ‘perfect day’?
- Have you ever considered giving up blogging? Why?
- What is your favourite colour?
- If you could learn one new skill, what would it be?
- Have you ever enjoyed a book so much that you’ve re read it?
- What would your dream job be?
- Where in the world would you most like to visit?
Thanks for reading! And thanks again to Betty for the nomination.