This morning when I was awoken by my two year old jumping on me, I checked my phone with bleary eyes to see that the lovely Nicky at The Shimmer Within Her had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. What a lovely way to start the day, thank you Nicky!
I’m supposed to start by sharing 7 things about me. Easier said than done but I will try!
- It took me 4 attempts to pass my driving test. I quite like driving now though!
- I’m not someone that likes change, but almost a year ago I made a choice to make a change for the better and I haven’t looked back. (If I hadn’t done that I wouldn’t have started this blog!)
- I have 4 chickens, although I’ve only named one of them. The least bright one is called Sherlock. (Poor Sherlock misses out on treats sometimes as she can’t figure out how to get out of her run and the others get there first. I have to save some for when she’s finally worked it out-bacon rinds are her favourite!)
- I have a degree in Geography, although it doesn’t stop me from getting lost and I am an appalling navigator.
- I like to buy copious amounts of stationery in order to look organised at the start of every school year, but the novelty always wears off after a week or two.
- I am a terrible hoarder. I buy things for my craft stash because they look pretty but then I cant bear to use them. I’m working on this as my house is not big enough for any more ‘stuff’!
Now it’s my turn to nominate 10 other bloggers who I think are fab, who blog about all sorts and who are all round good eggs.
After this my day got even better as I got my first call to work for the agency. Although it was a mad rush I got there safely and had a lovely day. The strangest part was that I was teaching in the same room where I did my final teaching placement 10 years ago! It’s been a funny old day, but a good one. Thanks to everyone that reads and follows my blog, there are days when I wonder if it’s worth keeping it up but the lovely comments (and fabulous fellow bloggers) make it worthwhile.