If you’ve been following you’ll know that I have been making jumpers for both of my godson’s toys (Monkey and Duck) for Christmas. If you’ve missed my posts, a brief summary is that I wrote patterns from the toys’ measurements and hoped for the best! Tonight I sewed on the final buttons, all four are finished.
The last two were picture jumpers. I’m going to admit now that my intarsia work is best not viewed close up (the same goes for my Swiss darning!) However, I did it. I learned a new ‘thing’, I tried out designing (both of the pictures are my own designs!) and if nothing else I’ve learned that I will never attempt a person sized picture knit.
I hope they like them, it’s been just over a month of counting, frogging, experimenting, sewing in ends and adjusting. A few things have left me disappointed, for some reason I really struggled sewing in the sleeves on the duck jumper. I’m just hoping it looks OK on the toy. The necklines are also a bit iffy, but I needed to have them able to open more so the toys can be put in them. From a distance I think they look pretty cute. Now to wrap and deliver them!
Now I have to make 2 more (much smaller) gifts, but they are for just after Christmas. I also have two cards to make, and a lot of presents to wrap. Something tells me I will be busy until Christmas Eve!