Thank you so much to Alice at When In Wonderland for the nomination. This is actually a repeat nomination as this was also my first blog award, but last June was a long time ago. I’m really happy to have been nominated again, it’s always great to share other blogs that I read.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
2. Write a post to show your award
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created
How my blog started…
Almost a year ago, after starting a new job and finding myself with time to indulge in my crafty hobbies properly, I decided I wanted to share some of my ideas. I was dreaming up blog posts in my head long before I actually started this, and one day I bit the bullet and just did it. Mr C helped me to choose a blog name from my list of ideas, I set it up and here we are today! I’m not going to lie, there have been a few wobbles on the way, but I’m so pleased I started.
Two pieces of advice…
There are so many tips to share, but for me there are two important things.
- Make sure you respond to comments, follow other blogs, and interact with others in the WordPress community and beyond. Traffic (and blogging friends) won’t just come your way instantly, you need to work for them.
- Don’t be disheartened by days where you hardly get any traffic, or days when you aren’t inspired to write, there are so many reasons why it might happen. Another day you might find yourself with over 100 views (or more, depending how ‘big’ your blog is), or ideas for 5 new blog posts all in one go! There will be ups and downs; if no one reads a post don’t worry, just keep going, and if you’ve got no ideas, just don’t post. Go out, have fun and a post will come!
I’m not nominating 15 as most of the bloggers I regularly interact with have been nominated already. What I am doing in nominating a few who I don’t think I have nominated before (and who I have’t seen be nominated already this time!)
- Mrs Cobs (you need to visit on a Friday to read the jokes!)
- Tom Merriman at Beyond the Sphere, for some super writing and a little bit of fantasy
- Rabbit Patch Diary for some beautiful descriptions of nature and an appreciation of the small things in life
- Sultana Bun for crafty loveliness
- Dartmoor Yarns for yarn, yarn and more yarn
- Kick Arse Crochet because, well, crafts and crochet. Need I say more?
- Rainbow Hare for lots more yarny projects
- Claire’s Chaotic Life for books, crafts and more
- Samantha Murdoch for super combinations of cats and crystals
- Whimsy and Cosy for even more crochet!
I do hope you visit the other nominees blogs as they are fab!
Have a wonderful weekend.