Thank you so much to Crafty Boutique By Tam for the nomination for this award, it was very kind. Check out her blog for some fantastic home decor ideas!
I’m going to start by answering her questions, which certainly made me think.
- What is your passion? This one is really tricky, although I think I would have to say my passion is anything crafty, I just love to create and make. A close second is teaching; despite the kinks in the current system I do love working in education, just not necessarily some of the politics that go with the job. Craft has been part of my life from being a little girl so I had to put it first!
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? I would go and see the Northern Lights, although I don’t actually like getting cold so I’d have to wrap up warm (great excuse for a crochet hat project). I think it would be amazing to see them, even just once in my lifetime.
- What is your favorite creation? The teddy I made for my son. It is still treasured 4 years on, and he’s only had minor repairs (if you count undoing near decapitation as minor).
- What inspires your creativity? Everything! I get ideas all of the time. Sometimes my ideas arise from a ‘need’, for a card, a blanket, a hat and so on. Other times I just get an idea and then it builds up into a project. The seasons have a big impact on the things I make too.
- You are all creative. As a kid what did you enjoy doing that helped you discover your creativity? Making potions! I must have been a nightmare, I was always mixing various things from the bathroom and/or kitchen in little bowls and sometimes even made things in the garden too. Also, every Saturday we went to my Nanny’s house and I always had a project on the go there. She kept it in a cupboard to the right of the fireplace, and once we’d had a drink and a snack we got on with out craft. She taught me to knit when I was 5, though she must have had the patience of a saint as I was left handed and she was right handed!
- If you could offer a new blogger one piece of advice what would it be? Be patient, keep blogging, enjoy the process and let yourself come through in your posts. It’s your blog in your style, let it shine!
Now for my nominations, I’m not sure how many I’m supposed to do so I’m going for 5 of my favourite super duper creative blogs!
- The Cobweborium Emporium
- Samantha Murdoch Blog
- Just an Old Fashioned Girl
- Beyond the Sphere
- Sue Dreamwalker
My questions for you are:
- What time of day are you most creative?
- If you could try any new creative art, what would it be and why?
- Which famous artist/author/crafter would you like to meet?
- What has been your longest craft project?
- What injuries have you sustained as a result of being creative?
- What was your first ever creative project?
I can’t wait to read the answers to these!