Last night I finished sewing in the ends of this blanket, it was a complete contrast to the last blanket I made as it used a much smaller hook and finer yarn, so progress felt far slower. However, it was an interesting enough pattern to keep me focused without being too complicated.
Because the pattern was so intricate, I chose to use a very simple slip stitch border, worked into the back loops only. I wanted to frame the blanket without having the border and main pattern competing with each other. I think it worked really well, and it was also quick to work.
I’ve shown the blanket to the mummy to be, who is very pleased with it. Having taken some photos, all I need to do now is wash it in baby friendly washing liquid (which I need to buy, as my two require tougher stuff to get their clothes clean!)
The next two projects are lined up already!