In the last week or so I’ve been lucky enough to be nominated for two more blog awards, so I thought I’d combine them in a BOGOF post (coincidentally, my daughter’s current phrase of choice is ‘bog off’, though she mainly aims it at her brother!) Thanks to Robin at Imperial Crochet for nominating me for a Blue Sky Award, and Rebecca at Twinklehook,who nominated me for the Liebster (or Lobster!) Award. Check out both links to read two cracking blogs!
I’ll start by answering Robin’s questions.
Why did you choose the name of your blog?
Because I knew I wanted it to be a crafty blog, but also though other ‘stuff’ might creep in (allotment, parenting, lifestyle etc.) I had loads of names and just chose this one. Funnily enough, it seems to have stuck ok!
Which of your own blog posts is your favorite?
Tricky one, but probably my A-Z of crochet as it was such fun to write. (I haven’t linked to all 26 posts here!)
Do you have a set schedule for blogging? morning, evening, daily, weekly?
I always write a WIP Wednesday post and then any others as they crop up. It depends on how much time I have, but I aim for 3 ish a week.
Have you ever done any published writing outside of blogging? Books? Articles?
Does it count that I wrote a piece for our village magazine about having an allotment?
What is the title of your most useful book?
I don’t really use books that much, the First Aid book we have has been pretty handy lately though…
What is the title of the last book you read for fun?
The Hunger Games
Who is your favorite celebrity?
J K Rowling (Does she count as a celebrity? I hope so.)
What is your favorite song?
The Misty Mountains Cold (from The Hobbit) We have it on most days in our house as our son loves it too, he likes to listen whilst eating his breakfast. Also Iron Man, which is totally different to Misty Mountains!
Where would you love to go on your next vacation?
The Norfolk seaside, or North Yorkshire, I love both places equally.
Is there a skill you’d like to learn?
I’d quite like to know how to multi task and do every task perfectly, also how to do my hair and make up well every day. Oh and the skill of waking up fresh as a daisy and full of energy the first time the alarm goes in the morning rather than after the 51st press of the snooze button.
Cats or dogs?
Dogs, because you can take them for a walk. (You can take a cat for a walk but it just isn’t quite the same!)
Now for Rebecca’s questions. (These are a little tricky to answer, so I’ll just leave you with the questions!)
1.What about sunrise?
2.What about rain?
3.What about all the things that you said We were to gain?
4. What about killing fields Is there a time?
5.What about all the things That you said were yours and mine?
6. Did you ever stop to notice All the blood we’ve shed before?
7. Did you ever stop to notice This crying Earth, these weeping shores
8.What have we done to the world? (look what we’ve done)
9.What about all the peace That you pledge your only son?
10. What about flowering fields Is there a time?
11. What about all the dreams That you said was yours and mine?
I am not going to be making any nominations as I think a lot of the blogs I follow are on the lists of others, so if you haven’t been nominated, this one is all yours!
Here are my 11 questions:
- What would be your dream car?
- Would you rather have starter or dessert?
- If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you did?
- How many other countries have you visited?
- If you had to choose something to do on a voluntary basis, what would it be>
- What would your perfect day look like?
- What is your favourite film?
- Would you rather do the cooking or wash the pots?
- Do you have any tips for new bloggers?
- Facebook or Instagram?
- If you could go back to any period in time, which one would you choose?
Please feel free to join in!